FEATHERWEIGHT FIREWORKS EXPECTED AS
(#4) CALVIN KATTAR AND (#7) JOSH EMMETT
HEADLINE UFC® RETURN TO AUSTIN
TIM MEANS vs. KEVIN HOLLAND
UFC® FIGHT NIGHT: KATTAR vs EMMETT
TICKETS ON SALE FRIDAY, MAY 6
Las Vegas – UFC® returns to Austin, Texas for the first time since 2018 to hold its first event in the brand-new Moody Center. Headlining the event will be a featherweight matchup sure to deliver fireworks as No. 4 ranked contender Calvin Kattar takes on No.7 ranked Josh Emmett. Also on the card, respected veteran Tim Means battles fan favoriteKevin Holland.
UFC® FIGHT NIGHT: KATTAR vs EMMETT will take place Saturday, June 18 at Moody Center in Austin, Texas. The prelims will start at 4 p.m. ET/ 1 p.m. PT on ESPN2 and ESPN+, followed by the main card at 7 p.m. ET/ 4 p.m. PT on ESPN and ESPN+.
UFC® FIGHT NIGHT: KATTAR vs EMMETT tickets will go on sale Friday, May 6 at 10 a.m. CT and are available for purchase at ticketmaster.com. Ticket sales are limited to eight (8) per person. UFC Fight Club® members will have the opportunity to purchase tickets Wednesday, May 4 at 10 a.m. CT via the website www.ufcfightclub.com. A special Internet ticket pre-sale will be available to UFC newsletter subscribers Thursday May 5 starting at 10 a.m. CT. To access this presale, users must register for the UFC newsletter through UFC.com.
Kattar (23-5, fighting out of Boston, Mass.) aims to continue his resurgence up the featherweight ranks by taking out another formidable test. A tough striker with the majority of his UFC wins coming via KO, Kattar proved himself among the elite in the division with notable victories over Jeremy Stephens, Ricardo Lamas and Shane Burgos. He now has his sights set on delivering another statement performance in his fourth consecutive UFC main event.
Knockout artist Emmett (17-2, fighting out of Sacramento, Calif.) looks to notch the biggest victory of his UFC career and break into the Top 5 for the first time. Currently on the longest win streak of his UFC tenure, Emmett has delighted fans with incredible finishes over Mirsad Bektic, Michael Johnson and Ricardo Lamas. He now seeks to become the first person to knock out Kattar and insert himself into the title conversation.
Highly regarded veteran Means (32-12-1, 1 NC, fighting out of Albuquerque, N.M.) has been exciting UFC fans since his debut in 2012. A well-rounded athlete who is dangerous wherever the fight goes, Means is riding the second-longest win streak of his UFC career, which includes victories over Laureano Staropoli, Mike Perry and Nicolas Dalby. He now intends to steal the show by stopping Holland in the Lone Star State.
Texas’ own Holland (22-7, 1 NC, fighting out of Fort Worth, Texas) has cemented himself as one of the most entertaining athletes on the roster, both for his fighting style and his captivating personality. A veteran of Dana White’s Contender Series, Holland has competed at both middleweight and welterweight, securing notable wins over “Jacare” Souza, Joaquin Buckley and Alex Oliveira. He now plans to put on a show for his fans in his first UFC fight in his home state.
Additional bouts on the card include:
- Welterweight action sees veteran Court McGee (22-10, fighting out of Orem, Utah) face off with Jeremiah Wells (10-2, 1 NC, fighting out of Philadelphia, Pa.)
- KO artist Joaquin Buckley (14-4, fighting out of St. Louis, Mo.) returns to action against Albert Duraev (15-3, fighting out of Las Vegas, Nev. by way of Grozny, Russia) at middleweight
- Dana White’s Contender Series signee Jasmine Jasudavicious (7-1, fighting out of Ontario, Canada) goes for her second UFC win when she takes on the debuting Natalia Silva (12-5-1, fighting out of Novo Eldorado, Minas Gerais, Brazil)
- Damir Ismagulov (23-1, fighting out of Orenurgskaia, Russia) meets Guram Kutateladze (12-2, fighting out of Stockholm, Sweden by way of Tbilisi, Georgia) in a lightweight bout
- Maria Oliveira (12-5, fighting out of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil) aims to secure her first UFC victory when she battles Gloria de Paula (6-4, fighting out of Sao Paulo, Brazil)
- Bantamweight veteran Eddie Wineland (24-15-1, fighting out of Chesterton, Ind.) aims to make a statement against Cody Stamann (19-5-1, fighting out of Sparta, Mich.)
- An exciting middleweight bout sees Roman Dolidze (9-1, fighting out of Batumi, Georgia) lock horns with Kyle Daukaus (11-2, 1 NC, fighting out of Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Phil Hawes (11-3, fighting out of Albuquerque, N.M.) plans to return to his winning ways against Deron Winn (7-2, fighting out of Gilroy, Calif.)
- Fan favorite Julian Marquez (9-2, fighting out of Las Vegas, Nev.) seeks to earn another notable win when he meets Gregory Rodrigues (11-4, fighting out of Deerfield Beach, Fla. by way of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)
Visit the UFC.com for information and content to support your UFC coverage. Please click here to apply for the event.
UFC® is the world’s premier mixed martial arts organization (MMA), with more than 688 million fans and 198 million social media followers. The organization produces more than 40 live events annually in some of the most prestigious arenas around the world, while broadcasting to nearly 900 million TV households across more than 170 countries. UFC’s athlete roster features the world’s best MMA athletes representing more than 75 countries. The organization’s digital offerings include UFC FIGHT PASS®, one of the world’s leading streaming services for combat sports. UFC is owned by global entertainment, sports and content company Endeavor, and is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada. For more information, visit UFC.com and follow UFC at Facebook.com/UFC, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram and TikTok: @UFC.
About Moody Center
Moody Center will provide the nation’s 11th largest city with a premier venue to host the biggest artists and acts on the planet. Designed specifically for concerts, the new arena replaces the 45-year-old Frank C. Erwin Jr. Center at The University of Texas and is home to The University of Texas Women’s and Men’s basketball games, family shows, and other sporting and community events. Moody Center is the first of its kind in the industry with an unrivaled partnership between Oak View Group, Live Nation/C3 Presents, The University of Texas at Austin and Minister of Culture, Matthew McConaughey.
ESPN+ is the industry-leading sports streaming service that offers fans in the U.S. thousands of live sports events, original programming not available on ESPN’s linear TV or digital networks and exclusive editorial content from dozens of ESPN writers and reporters. Launched in April 2018, ESPN+ has grown to more than 21.3 million subscribers.
Fans sign up to ESPN+ for just $6.99 a month (or $69.99 per year) at ESPN.com, ESPNplus.com or on the ESPN App (mobile and connected devices). It is also available as part of The Disney Bundle that gives subscribers access to Disney+, ESPN+ and Hulu for $13.99/month (Hulu w/ads) or $19.99/month (Hulu w/o ads).
ESPN, the world’s leading sports entertainment brand, features eight U.S. television networks, direct-to-consumer ESPN+, ESPN Radio, ESPN.com, endeavors on every continent around the world, and more. ESPN is 80 percent owned by ABC, Inc. (an indirect subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company) and 20 percent by Hearst.