FAN FAVORITE STRAWWEIGHTS CLASH AS
(#8) MICHELLE WATERSON TAKES ON (#13) ANGELA HILL
FEATURED BOUTS: OTTMAN AZAITAR vs. KHAMA WORTHY
(#8) ROXANNE MODAFFERI vs. (#9) ANDREA LEE
Watch both the prelims and main event on ESPN+
Las Vegas – UFC® continues its September run of shows at UFC APEX with a thrilling strawweight clash as No. 8 ranked contender Michelle Waterson and No. 13 Angela Hill meet in a five-round main event guaranteed to deliver action.
UFC FIGHT NIGHT ON ESPN+®: WATERSON vs. HILL will take place Saturday, September 12 at UFC APEX in Las Vegas with all fights carried exclusively on ESPN+ in English and Spanish. The main card begins at 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT, with the prelims kicking off at 5 p.m. ET / 2 p.m. PT.
Waterson (17-8, fighting out of Albuquerque, N.M.) heads into her third UFC main event looking to show off the skills that won her an Invicta FC championship. A talented striker and grappler, she holds entertaining wins over Paige VanZant, Karolina Kowalkiewicz and Angela Magana. Waterson now plans to re-insert herself into the strawweight title conversation with another exciting performance.
Also a former Invicta FC champion, Hill (12-8, fighting out of San Diego, Calif.) has become a fan favorite for being among the most active athletes on the entire UFC roster. Hill holds the record for the most fights in UFC women’s strawweight history with 15, which she earned with recent trademark wins over Loma Lookboonmee, Hannah Cifers and Ariane Carnelossi. She now aims to claim the biggest victory of her career in her first main event and break into the division’s top 10.
Additional bouts on the card include:
- Ottman Azaitar (12-0, fighting out of Rabat, Morocco) takes on Khama Worthy (16-6, fighting out of Pittsburgh, Penn.) in a battle of lightweight prospects
- Top 10 women’s flyweights rematch as No. 8 ranked Roxanne Modafferi (24-18, fighting out of Las Vegas, Nev.) looks to replicate her 2014 win over No. 9 Andrea Lee (11-4, Shreveport, La.)
- Light heavyweight strikers clash as veteran Ed Herman (26-14, fighting out of Portland, Ore.) takes on Mike Rodriguez (11-4, fighting out of South Easton, Mass.) on short notice
- Dana White’s Contender Seriessignee Billy Quarantillo (14-2, fighting out of Tampa, Fla.) looks to remain undefeated in the UFC when he clashes with well-rounded Canadian Kyle Nelson (13-3, fighting out of Huntsville, Ontario, Canada)
- No. 9 ranked flyweight contender Matt Schnell (14-5, fighting out of Shreveport, La.) meets fellow finisher Tyson Nam (19-11-1, fighting out of Wahiawa, Hawaii)
- No. 14 ranked women’s bantamweight contender Julia Avila (8-1, fighting out of Oklahoma City, Okla.) and No. 15 Sijara Eubanks (6-4, fighting out of Toms River, N.J.) seek to break into the top 10 with a standout performance
- Matt Frevola (8-1, fighting out of Long Island, N.Y.) aims to steal the show against fellow lightweight contender Roosevelt Roberts (11-2, fighting out of San Bernardino, Calif.)
- Bobby Green (26-10-1, fighting out of Fontana, Calif.) competes for the third time in four months as he looks to finish Alan Patrick (15-2, fighting out of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)
- In a lightweight bout guaranteed to deliver action, Brok Weaver (14-5, fighting out of Mobile, Ala.) locks horns with Frank Camacho (22-9, fighting out of Saipan, Northern Mariana Islands)
- Bryan Barberena (14-7, fighting out of Gastonia, N.C.) and Anthony Ivy (8-3, fighting out of San Antonio, Texas) look to make a statement in a clash at welterweight
- Women’s flyweight prospect Sabina Mazo (8-1, fighting out of Fountain Valley, Calif.) aims to extend her win streak when she meets veteran Justine Kish (7-2, fighting out of Cramerton, N.C.)
Visit the UFC.com for information and content to support your UFC coverage.
UFC® is the world’s premier mixed martial arts organization (MMA), with more than 318 million fans and 102 million social media followers. The organization produces more than 40 live events annually in some of the most prestigious arenas around the world, while broadcasting to nearly one billion TV households across more than 175 countries. UFC’s athlete roster features the world’s best MMA athletes representing more than 65 countries. The organization’s digital offerings include UFC FIGHT PASS®, one of the world’s leading streaming services for combat sports. UFC was acquired in 2016 by global entertainment, sports and content company Endeavor, along with strategic investors Silver Lake Partners and KKR. UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada. For more information, visit UFC.com and follow UFC at Facebook.com/UFC, Twitter, Snapchat and Instagram: @UFC.
ESPN+ is the industry-leading sports streaming service from Disney’s Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment and ESPN. Launched in April 2018, ESPN+ has grown to 8.5 million subscribers, offering fans in the U.S. thousands of live sports events, original programming not available on ESPN’s linear TV or digital networks, as well as premium editorial content.
Fans subscribe to ESPN+ for just $5.99 a month (or $49.99 per year) at ESPNplus.com, ESPN.com or on the ESPN App (mobile and connected devices). It is also available as part of The Disney Bundle offer that gives subscribers access to Disney+, ESPN+ and Hulu (ad-supported) — all for just $12.99/month.
ESPN, the world’s leading sports entertainment enterprise, features more than 50 assets – nine U.S. television networks, ESPN Radio, ESPN.com, ESPN International, ESPN The Magazine and more. ESPN is 80 percent owned by ABC, Inc. (an indirect subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company) and 20 percent by Hearst.