UFC® FIGHT NIGHT ON ESPN HEADLINED BY HEAVYWEIGHT BOUT BETWEEN
(#3) FRANCIS NGANNOU VS. CAIN VELASQUEZ
(#11) JAMES VICK vs. (#15) PAUL FELDER
(#5) JIMMIE RIVERA vs. (#7) ALJAMAIN STERLING
TICKETS FOR UFC FIGHT NIGHT ON ESPN®: NGANNOU vs. VELASQUEZ
AT TALKING STICK RESORT ARENA
Las Vegas – UFC®‘s next event on ESPN will be headlined by a heavyweight contenders’ fight featuring No. 3-ranked Francis Ngannou and returning former champion Cain Velasquez. Also, surging lightweight contenders collide when No. 11-ranked James Vick takes on No. 15 Paul Felder. UFC FIGHT NIGHT ON ESPN®: NGANNOU vs. VELASQUEZ will air live from Talking Stick Resort Arena on ESPN and ESPN Deportes at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT on Sunday, Feb. 17, with the ESPN broadcast prelims kicking off the evening at 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT. Early prelims stream exclusively on ESPN+ at 5:30 p.m. ET/2:30 p.m. PT. Doors open at 4:30 p.m. ET/1:30 p.m. PT.
Known for his spectacular punching power, Ngannou (12-3, fighting out of Las Vegas, Nev. by way of Batié, Cameroon) looks to build on his momentum following a 45-second TKO win over Curtis Blaydes in November. During his UFC run, Ngannou has earned highlight-reel knockouts against Alistair Overeem, Andrei Arlovski and Luis Henrique, and is now poised to re-assert himself as a title threat by taking out one of the greatest heavyweights in UFC history.
A two-time heavyweight champion, Velasquez (14-2, fighting out of San Jose, Calif.) returns from a two-plus year hiatus. A talented grappler and striker, his last outing saw him net a TKO win over Travis Browne at UFC 200. Velazquez has delivered thrilling victories over the course of his legendary career, including wins against Junior Dos Santos (twice), Brock Lesnar and Minotauro Nogueira. He now looks to earn another shot at the title by stopping one of the division’s hardest hitters.
Having won four of his last five outings, Vick (13-2, fighting out of Fort Worth, Tex.) looks to get back on track with a show-stealing victory. Vick has netted impressive stoppage victories against Joseph Duffy, Polo Reyes and Abel Trujillo. He now hopes to derail another surging contender and re-stake his claim as one of the division’s biggest threats.
Known for his devastating elbows, Felder (15-4, fighting out of Philadelphia, Penn.) has asserted himself as one of the division’s most aggressive finishers. Felder has earned Performance of the Night bonuses for his KO wins against Stevie Ray, Alessandro Ricci and Danny Castillo. He aims to continue climbing the ranks by picking up his fourth consecutive lightweight win.
Announced bouts on the card include:
- No. 5-ranked bantamweight contender Jimmie Rivera (22-2, fighting out of Ramsey, N.J.) looks to work his way back into the title conversation by taking out No. 7 Aljamain Sterling(16-3, fighting out of Uniondale, N.Y.)
- Phoenix’s own No. 11-ranked women’s strawweight Cortney Casey (8-6, fighting out of Phoenix, Ariz.) intends to put on a show for her hometown fans when she meets No. 12-ranked Cynthia Calvillo (7-1, fighting out of Sacramento, Calif.)
- Andre Fili (18-6, fighting out of Sacramento, Calif.) looks to bounce back into the win column when he meets Myles Jury (17-3, fighting out of San Diego, Calif.)
- Fan favorite Alex Caceres (14-11, fighting out of Miami, Fla.) aims to spoil the highly-anticipated UFC debut of Kron Gracie (4-0, fighting out of Los Angeles, Calif.)
- Welterweight prospect Vicente Luque (14-6-1, fighting out of Brasilia, Brazil) looks to break into the rankings for the first time by taking out hometown favorite Bryan Barberena (13-5, fighting out of Glendale, Ariz.)
- No.11-ranked women’s flyweight Ashlee Evans-Smith (6-3, fighting out of Santa Ana, Calif.) takes on No.13 Andrea Lee (9-2, fighting out of Shreveport, La.)
- Former UFC bantamweight champion Renan Barao (34-7, fighting out of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil) aims to snap his losing streak when he meets Luke Sanders (13-3, fighting out of Nashville, Tenn.)
- In a battle of undefeated prospects, Dana White’s Tuesday Night Contender Series signee Benito Lopez (9-0, fighting out of Oroville, Calif.) meets Manny Bermudez (13-0, fighting out of Norwell, Mass.)
- Scott Holtzman (12-2, fighting out of Knoxville, Tenn.) aims to extend his winning streak to four when he faces battle-tested veteran Nik Lentz (29-9, fighting out of Coconut Creek, Fla.)
- Former women’s strawweight title challenger Jessica Penne (12-5, fighting out of Huntington Beach, Calif.) looks to start 2019 with a big win by taking out Jodie Esquibel (6-4, fighting out of Albuquerque, N.M.)
- Alexandra Albu (3-0, fighting out of Moscow, Russia) looks to remain undefeated when she takes on Emily Whitmire (3-2, fighting out of Las Vegas, Nev.)
For the latest information on additional bouts for this event, please visit www.ufc.com. All bouts live and subject to change.
Tickets for UFC FIGHT NIGHT®: NGANNOU vs. VELASQUEZ went on sale Friday, Jan. 4 at 10 a.m. MT and are priced at $175, $150, $120, $90, $80 and $70 (not including fees). Tickets are available for purchase online at www.ticketmaster.com. Ticket sales are limited to eight (8) per person.
UFC Fight Club® members will have the opportunity to purchase tickets Wednesday, Jan. 2 at 10 a.m. MT via the website www.ufcfightclub.com. A special Internet ticket pre-sale will be available to UFC newsletter subscribers Thursday, Jan. 3 starting at 10 a.m. MT. To access this presale, users must register for the UFC newsletter through UFC.com.
UFC® is a premium global sports brand and the largest Pay-Per-View event provider in the world. Celebrating its 25th Anniversary in 2018, UFC boasts more than 284 million fans worldwide and has produced over 450 events in 24 countries since its inception in 1993. Acquired in 2016 by global sports, entertainment and fashion leader Endeavor (formerly WME | IMG), together with strategic partners Silver Lake Partners and KKR, UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas with a network of employees around the world. UFC produces more than 40 live events annually that consistently sell out some of the most prestigious arenas around the globe, while programming is broadcast in over 165 countries and territories to more than 1.1 billion TV households worldwide in 40 different languages. UFC FIGHT PASS®, a digital subscription service, delivers exclusive live events, thousands of fights on-demand and original content to fans around the world. For more information, visit UFC.com and follow UFC at Facebook.com/UFC, Twitter, Snapchat and Instagram: @UFC.
ESPN, the world’s leading sports entertainment enterprise, features more than 50 assets – eight U.S. television networks, direct-to-consumer ESPN+, ESPN Radio,ESPN.com, ESPN International, ESPN The Magazine and more. ESPN is 80 percent owned by ABC, Inc. (an indirect subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company) and 20 percent by Hearst.
ESPN+, which in just five months, is the premium multi-sport, direct-to-consumer video service from The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment and ESPN. It offers fans thousands of additional live events, on-demand content and original programming not available on ESPN’s linear TV or digital networks, along with premium editorial content.
Programming on ESPN+ includes hundreds of MLB and NHL, thousands of college sports events (including football, basketball and multiple other sports), domestic and international soccer (Serie A, MLS, FA Cup, UEFA Nations League, EFL Championship, EFL Carabao Cup, Eredivisie and more), exclusive Top Rank boxing, UFC (beginning in 2019), Grand Slam tennis, international and domestic rugby and cricket, new and exclusive documentary films and series, acclaimed studio shows and the full library of ESPN’s award-winning 30 for 30 films. Fans subscribe to ESPN+ for just $4.99 a month (or $49.99 per year) and cancel at any time.
ESPN+ is an integrated part of the ESPN App, the leading sports app and the premier all-in-one digital sports platform for fans. The ESPN App is a showcase of the company’s culture of innovation, delivering a rich, personalized experience that curates all of ESPN’s content around each fan’s individual tastes. ESPN+ is also be available through ESPN.com.